Innovative technology with a vision
We provide current computer technology so that our students have the necessary skills for lifelong learning.
Excellent Computer Facilities
- Five specialist computer laboratories
- Data projectors installed on the ceilings in all classrooms. All have the capacity to play sound and connect to the internet.
- Learning Centre in the Library
- Science Technology Centre equipped with a class set of laptops, robotic facilities and an interactive whiteboard
- Laptops for student borrowing in the Library
- Library with fixed desktop computers for exclusive student use
- All staff rooms equipped with computers to ensure staff professional learning
- Specialist multi-media kiosks in the Library to cater for video and digital editing.
- Specialist server to cater for Year 8 Film and senior visual English
- Specialist computers for running the F1 Car Challenge program
- Interactive White Boards installed throughout the school
- A Connected Classroom facility to enable live video conferencing and virtual excursions to the rest of the world
- A specialist Music Composition lab so students can compose and create music. (only completed in 2012)
Access to modern wireless technology
We provide a secure school-wide platform from which all students can access the school system using their own password and save onto the school server. All students have an individual student email address for secure internet browsing.
All computers are networked and every part of the school is connected to wireless technology allowing students and staff to use laptops anywhere in the school.
Laptops for Students
All students from Years 9-12 receive a laptop for school and personal use. This program is funded by the Federal government. The laptops are wireless connected and include contemporary software. They are used in the majority of lessons with students and staff acknowledging that they are an engaging means of learning. Our English faculty has been anointed as a "Lighthouse School" for sharing expertise in the use of technology to enhance teaching in English. They will be developing resources and strategies that will also be accessed by other schools.
All students have access to specialist “e-learning” curriculum and on-line assessment. We are excited by this initiative as all students and staff will be able to log on to the school system through the web page and view individual learning programs and assessment. Parents can access this through their child's password though plans are underway to develop passwords for parents.
Students can engage in school forums and contact members of the SRC, Tech Team, E Team and the Welfare team regarding individual issues. A Head Teacher of "E" Learning has been appointed. Mr Russell's duties include maintaining the system and developing staff expertise.
External monitors for student display and information have been installed in A Block, Library and the Canteen. The canteen will also be equipped with safe wireless connectivity so that students can use their laptops at recess, lunch and during study periods for senior students.