Debating and Public Speaking
We are proud of our success in debating and public speaking competitions and students from all years are encouraged to participate. Formal school assemblies, parent evenings and links with primary schools provide occasions for students to develop their confidence in public speaking.
Engadine High School enters the following activities:
- The Premier's Debating Challenge
- Rostrum Voice of Youth Speaking Competition
- The Bond University Moot Trial Competition
- Sutherland Schools Public Speaking Competition
- Sutherland Debating Competition
- Engadine Toastmasters.
Students from Years 7-12 may enter depending on the competition.
The staff coordinating debating and public speaking this year are Mrs Greenwood and Mrs Caridi, both of whom can be found in the English staffroom.