It is important to provide opportunities for students to participate in a wide range of sports. We support and encourage students to pursue their individual sporting goals. Our talented and committed staff assist and extend our keen sports men and women.
Regular Sports Program
We provide a comprehensive sports program at Engadine High School. All students are provided with an opportunity to experience a range of physical activities through their involvement in PDHPE and Wednesday afternoon sport.
Our Sport Choices include:
|Football Dev Squad||Golf||Gymnastics|
|Indoor Sports||Lawn Bowls||Learn to Surf|
|School Sport||Oztag||Rugby League teams|
|Squash||Self defence/Fitness||Surf Survival- Beginners|
|Surf Survival - Advanced||Spin (Bikes)||Skateboarding|
|Table Tennis||Ten Pin Bowling||Yoga|
In addition to regular sport, students may choose to participate in knock-out teams in a range of competitions including girls and boys soccer and cricket, basketball, softball, oztag, rugby league and netball. We have experienced outstanding success in these competitions achieving in the top 3 at state and regional levels in Rugby League and Girls Cricket.
Our three annual school carnivals: swimming, athletics and cross country are popular and exciting events which give students to get involved. Each year we have a high representation at all three Sutherland Zone Carnivals, with many gaining selection to compete at the Sydney East Regional Carnival and State events.
2009 School Athletics Carnival
Nurturing Individual Student Achievement
Our students enjoy outstanding individual and team achievements in a range of sports. These include numerous students who are encouraged to represent the school at Sydney East, State and National competitions where they have enjoyed enormous success. Some if these sports include: athletics, baseball, basketball, cricket, hockey, life-saving, rugby league, sailing, soccer, swimming and tennis to name but a few.
Rugby League Program
Our Rugby League Program is conducted during Terms 1, 2 and 3 on Wednesday afternoons. The program is led by two experienced Representative Coaches. We have had enormous success over a number of years including against traditionally successful Sports, Catholic and Independent high schools.
The school’s success includes:
- 2004 Buckley Plate Champions
- 2004 Under 13’s State All Schools Semi Finalists
- 2005 Buckley Plate Runners-Up
- 2005 Under 15’s State All Schools Semi Finalists
- 2006 Under 15’s State All Schools Semi Finalists
- 2006 Under 16’s State All Schools Semi Finalists
- 2006 Under 15’s Elite 7’s Semi Finalists
- 2007 Under 15’s Elite 7’s Semi Finalists
- 2007 Inaugural Mitch Healey Shield Champions
- 2007 Under 16’s State All Schools Champions
- 2007 Opens University Shield Quarter Finalists
- 2007 Opens Arrive Alive Round of 16
- 2008 Under 15’s State All Schools Runners Up
- 2008 Mitch Healey Shield Champions
- 2009 Under 16's Winner of Sharks Knockout
- 2009 Under 16's 3rd in NSW State All Schools Knockout
For further information about recent achievements in sport, go to the Annual School Reports on this web page. Click on the 'News and Events' tab.